A.S.K MEMBERSHIP: PRIVILEGES
- Attendance to all A.S.K shows.
- Two entries to each of the shows.
- Reserved parking in some shows (N.I.T.F)
- Voting rights in the Society Annual General Meetings.
- Can be voted to Council after membership of three consecutive years.
YOUNG FARMERS CLUBS OF KENYA (Y.F.C.K)
- An affiliate youth wing of the Agricultural Society of Kenya.
- Has offices in all the 16 branches of the Society.
- The movement draws its membership from students in secondary as well as tertiary institutions.
- It has four annual events namely; National Rally
- Tree Planting
- National Teachers Conference
- National Camp
- Helps the Society continue increasing the involvement of youth in agriculture.
KENYA PLOUGHING ORGANIZATION (K.P.O)
- Tasked with the responsibility of organizing National Ploughing Contests which start off as ploughing heats across the A.S.K branches.
- Serves as an Educative forum for the farmers to encourage the development and adoption of new techniques in agriculture.
- Through the organization
- the Society is able to demonstrate to farmers good seed-bed preparation as well as the appropriate agricultural machinery.
THE ROYAL AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY OF THE COMMONWEALTH (R.A.S.C)
- It’s the voice of Agriculture in the Commonwealth.
- Fosters linkages with the Society’s external partners and stakeholders.
- Encourages competition and presentation of innovative ideas and demonstration and use of technology by the participating exhibitors.
- Exhibitors are grouped in classes based on size sector industry and service or product.
- Winners are awarded trophies and certificates on the official opening day of each Show. Awards include Best large stand Best in class most striking display Best manufacturer Best Sacco stand Best stand Embracing ICT among many others.
KENYA FARMERS JOURNAL (K.F.J)
- The official publication of the Society with five editions annually.
- Distributed countrywide.
- Used as a channel of communication to the Society’s target market.